Selasa, 07 Januari 2014

My Story: Who am I

Since I resign as an editor in one of national publisher in Indonesia after seven years, I've felt what I called losing my identity. Though I am still a freelance editor but in my neighbourhood I was nobody. Especially when I moved into Kalibata City.

I was quite afraid of become Mrs. hery. Oh, no. Being called with my husband's name feels like a sin. I feel guilty for my parents because they named their children with a specific pray to each of them and now I am going to leave it behind and put my husband's name on it. No way, Jose.

So as a person and a child I have some kind of obligation to bring out my name to the word. In a positive way. And maybe in a great way. But unfortunately, it was not easy especially when you don't make new friends.

For months, I was hanging on my old identity, as a former editor and now become a housewive. Time goes by, and my relatives started to forget who was I. While it took years for me to acknowledge them what an editor is. It wasn't an auditor. I worked in a publisher not a printing office. And now, after my resignation, those knowledge gone too fast.

They saw me like the other housewives, stuck in her daster and get fat, or pimpled. Hehehe, or maybe not. And after a year not becoming an office worker, I took a step. I promised myself not to let time goes by just like that. I need to make mark in this world. I need more things to show in my fb's update. I need to become more.

Is becoming a mother a less thing to have? No. Absolutely not. But this home is the first school for my kids. And that's why I need to keep myself not drowning into the housewive's curse. I need to show them varieties of life.

And as my first step is to become more serious as a baker. I like my status as an editor, but I am not the most popular editor or writer in the world that keeps me busy day by day. There are times when I don't have jobs to do and for me those empty day is valuable. I keep my brain work, just like when I still sat behind my desk. I make plans and datelines. And I make it happen. My www.koekieku.com is one of my commitment. If I want to have a café where my kids could learn how to run a business but still able to male friends, then I need to start it now.

I've seen many reality show such as cupcake town and rachel zoe, it took 10 years to make a kingdom. I've been many steps behind.

And as Malika get into a playgroup, I am not only known as Malika's mom but also a baker. Well, i haven't introduce myself to all the Kalibata City residences, but in mailing list, they surely has identified me as a baker.
What so funny about is, those people would found a little bit weird in me when I said that I was an editor or a writer. Guess, these titles are only known well by my colleagues at Mizan.

And the last months of 2013, I've make another commitment by joining Kumpulan Emak2 Blogger. To become a writer. Though I've worked in a publisher for years, I never related myself as a writer. And  being a blogger is my way to be known globally as a writer.

And that is not all. I still have one field to explore. To become a singer or at least a songwriter. I wish there will be time for me to really finished my lyrics that I've wrote for years. I want to be a part in that industry. To make something that inspire people, encourage them, and make them happy. My youtube channel is waiting to get activated. But let's do it one by one. No need to be in a hurry. Just keep walking.

*feelingStronger
#my500words

2 komentar:

  1. pengen nge-like, tombolnya ga ada, ti :-) aku suka tulisan ini. hampir sama dg yg pernah aku rasakan, meski beda status. hehehe

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Wakakak ... ga tau niy mana tombolnya. Blum pernah didandanin. blognya. Tq... Oia tq ralatnya. Dsini jg byk yg perlu diedit hehehe

      Hapus