Jumat, 14 Maret 2014

My Story: (No Really) a Hello Kitty Fans

I am a cat lover. I have many memories about cats in my childhood. But though I like everything about cute cats and anything, I don't always like the cat's character. I don't like when tweety doesn't let herself being eaten by Sylvester. I hate Tom & Jerry, because the cat always traps in bad things. I hate big fat lazy Garfield. And especially I don't like Hello Kitty. I don't like that pinky stuff she has. It's not that I hate her but I just don't feel any connections between me and her. I don't think she is cat enough for me. Especially the pinky things. That kind of pink makes me want to throw up. I am a colourblind but my body reacts badly everytime I see Kitty's pink. Untill something happen ....

I got pregnant. No, not Dear Daniel's baby. But eversince, I become quite obsessed about Hello Kitty. It was when I read my friend's fb's status about the Hello Kitty gift on Happy Meal. A special edition. I think it was a celebration of 40 years of Hello Kitty.



I am not really a fastfood lover. But when I read the status, I even called McDelivery myself. I don't call strangers, for you to know. Even for ordering something. But for Hello Kitty souvenirs, I did that for a couple times.

Not only searching free Hello Kitty gifts, I even search it online. And I found on multiply this Hello Kitty store. Still, I didn't choose the very pink ones. I prefer black or red. But I began to buy cups, mini bowls, spoons, notebook bag, and many unimportant Hello Kitty stuffs. Pregnant lady is dangerous, baby ....

After delivering Malika, I felt glad that my obsession was also decrease a lot. Untill almost a year later, my cellphone was broken. In a middle of workhour I spend time to ask my friends what would be the best suit for my new cellphone. I was planning to buy it at break time. After long discussion, I finally made a decision. And went to the cellular shop. I read the list carefully while waiting the SPG looking for my order. Then my eyes stopped at a sentence, "samsung, Hello Kitty edition". In a sudden, I ask the SPG to stop looking, well apparently the serie that I want was not available. Oh, this is omen.


And without any further thinking, I bought it. It was small, touch screen, white clean ... And while holding it on the way back to the office, I was finally sure, I got pregnant. Again. Ouch.

Nowadays, there are lots of Hello Kitty stuffs, everywhere. I know it is because there are Hello Kitty town in Johor Baru, Malaysia. And I know the owner actually prefers Indonesia as their first location but the damn sh*t bureaucracy hold their intention. But because Indonesia is the best market, they fills us with many Hello Kitty's promos to make us go there. And I'm still a not really Hello Kitty fans. I only buy it to memorise the funny moments about it. I only have Hello Kitty's cologne, Hello Kitty's sticker album (because it's black), Hello Kitty's wallet, Hello Kitty's kids toothpaste, Hello Kitty's women pads, and Hello Kitty's diapers for Safir (mmm ok, that was weird =P). I still have the Hello Kitty cellphone although I am not using it anymore. For emergency =). But ... I am not a fans of it, really =P

4 komentar:

  1. Wuih... sama kayak Mak Gesii dong... fansnya Hello Kitty :D

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Hehehe pasti kalah banyak lah koleksi sayah =) tq dah mampir

      Hapus
  2. anakku kalau bilang kitty itu piti. hehe...
    hello kitty ini emang koleksi sepanjang masa,, dari nenek2 sampai cucunya pasti pernah punya barang hello kitty.

    *salam kenal*

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Si kitty yg awet muda =) tq sudah mampir, salam kenal juga...

      Hapus